Every liquaid eg- madhu, ghee, etc. which are taken with drug or food or after drug or food intake are called anupana.
In ayurveda acharyas mentioned anupana as a part of deep knowledge of ancient medical science present with certain theories. Anupana have some specific characters like –
1. just opposite nature to food – ex: – hot nature anupana after cold nature food intake.
2. not opposite to dhatus – ex: – curd after milk
3. just opposite to dosas – ex: – in case of kaphaj disease we should take hot anupana.
4. same nature to medicine – ex: – cold anupana after pitta shamak medicine
5. dependable upon disease and time – ex: – in primary case of fever we should take usnodak (samehot water). or liquor is good in vat rogas in winter season but not in summer.
If we take anupana before food it creates weakness, in the middle of food it does not creates weakness or heaviness and if we take after food it creates heaviness in the body. So we can take anupana according to our requirements.
In ayurveda best anupana- madhu.
According to doshas
1. vataj- snigdha and ushna
2. pittaj- madhur and cold
3. kaphaj- ruksha and ushna
4. for week person – alcohal is very good anupana also mandagni, anidra etc.
5. for obes person – madhu
6. upvas, marg gaman, exercise after coming from hot temperature environment in these conditions best anupana is – milk
According to diseases –
1. fever – tulsi leaf swaras , adrak swaras , madhu, chiraita, sugandha bala, pitpapda, shading water.
2. chronic fever and cough – vardhman piplli, sitopladi + madhu, ghee, boiled milk
3. shwas – vasa juce + adrak juce + madhu
4. tuberculosis – pure shilajatu
5. prameha – amla ras + haridra churn.
6. vat rog – pure gugglu + lahasun
7. aam vat – gomutra + castar oil
8. anaemia – mandoor bhasm
9. worm – vidang churna
10. diarrohea – kutag twak churn
11. grahni – takra
12. unmad – old cow ghee
13. khustha – khader and sariva kwatha
14. shvittra – bakuchi seeds
15. agirna – shayan
16. urdhva jatrugat rog – tekshna aushadi nasya
17. pashrva shula – pushkar mula
18. ashmari – pashan bhad, kulatha seeds, varun twak kwatha
19. gulma – shegrumul twak
20. vedradhi – raktamokshna
21. swara bheda – gargal with hot water and salt or pushkarmul kwatha with madhu
22. snahapanagerna – ushnodak but in case of bhallatak and tuvarak snahapan we will take cold water.
23. tail panagerna – usha and amla rus
24. murchha – sheet veerya brahhme and shankhapushpi and vacha
25. bhaybeet – aaswasan
26. vaman – lagamand with madhu
27. nidra kshya – bhas milk with suger
28. vruna – guggulu
29. aruchi – matulungnimbu swaras
30. vesharta – sheresha twak churn and fruit churn
31. udara rog – verachana drug
32. vatrakta – guduchi ras
33. medo rog – madhu with boiled water
34. pradar rog – lodhra twak
35. amla pitta – draksha
36. for eyes – triphla churn
37. bleeding piles – negkasor, amla churn, ghee, suger
38. non bleed piles – ghee + triphala churn
39. raktapitta and raktatisar – vasa ras, durva ras, moch ras
40. for hikka – myurpicchha bhasma
41. for unmad and apsmar – ghee + brahmi swaras
42. mutra krichha and mutraghat – rice boiled , gokshur kwatha
43. shotha – punarnava, makoya, bivbe
44. vrishya – aswagandha, musali, koch seeds + mishri with milk
45. gulm, udar, liver, spleen – gomutra, triphla kwath, kumaryasav with yavakshar with caster oil.
Contraindications after anupana: – we should avoid study, singing songs, bad rest and walking after anupana because it creates bad effects on doshas.
Ayurvedic physician should wisely decide the best anupana for his patient as it can be helpful to gain good results with the medicine in particular disease.
<a href=”http://www.listmywebsite.net” title=”ListMyWebsite.Net – Free Web Directory”>List My Website</a>
Arya Ayurvedic Clinic
FF-7, Silvercoin Complex, Opposite Bhavan’s School
Makarpura, Vadodara. Gujarat. India.
Consultation on appointment Only………
Attention Pl. – The information at any place in this website is just on an informative basis as well as to create awareness among the people regarding their health and ecourage to adopt ayurveda in their routine life. Hence no one ever should take it as a forgranted treatment as such for any disesase and is always advised to contact his/her physician before using it in any way
The material in this blog is not intended to be prescriptive or to be construed as either legal or medical advice. Data contained herein that may pertain to disease or medical terminology is for descriptive purposes only and no “attempt to cure” is intended or implied. Advice relative to disease should be used in cooperation with a doctor or one who understand nutrition. It is not the intent of the author to diagnose or prescribe. The intent is only to offer health information to help you cooperate with your doctor in your quest for health. In the event you use this information without your doctor’s approval, you are prescribing for yourself, which is your constitutional right, but the author assume no responsibility